Basic Show Notes:
The lymphatic system is one of the most overlooked yet important system in the body.
Advanced Show Notes:
In today’s episode of the Hydrate Podcast, Tracy Duhs and Dr. Perry Nickelston bring light to the importance of the lymphatic system. This often overlooked system is approximately two thirds of the fluid comprised of our body. The lymphatic system plays a critical role in immune health as well as detoxification. Dr. Nickelston educates us on the best practices to get the lymph system optimized in order to look and feel your best. Dr. Nickelston offers simple solutions such as: movements that stimulate muscles, massage, walking, or jumping. Later they discuss how hydration is tied to the lymphatic system. This conversation is filled with knowledge gems to upgrade your wellness arsenal. Don’t miss out.
The lymphatic system is one of the most overlooked yet important systems in the body. Tracy Duhs and Dr. Perry educate on how you can optimize your immune system and detoxification pathways by moving the lymph properly.
About Dr. Perry Nickelston:
Perry Nickelston, DC, NKT, FMS, SFMA, is a Chiropractic Physician with a primary focus on Performance Enhancement, Corrective Exercise, and Metabolic Fitness Nutrition and trained from The American College of Addictionology and Compulsive Disorders. He is an expert in myofascial, orthopedic, medical, and trigger point soft tissue therapy. A member of the Board of Directors and Medical Staff Advisor for AIMLA (American Institute of Medical Laser Application). Dr. Perry teaches healthcare professionals all over the world how to successfully use Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy in alleviating pain. Director of clinical protocols and training for LiteCure
Medical Lasers specializing in Myofascial Laser treatments.
Outline of the episode:
- [0:54] The lymphatic system is totally not mainstream. But it should be!
- [1:14] Lymphatic fluids are two thirds of the fluid in our bodies!
- [4:05] Nobody pays much attention to lymphatics and Dr. Nickelston is trying to change that.
- [6:05] Where can people start when they want to free up the lymph from toxic buildup?
- [8:00] I teach that fluids move from high pressure to low pressure meaning that the tools kind of don’t matter. Everyone can treat their own lymphatics.
- [13:50] What symptoms are common when the lymphatic system is having issues? It can be anything that it wants, honestly, you name and it may be tied to the lymphatics.
- [20:40] The lymphatic is essentially a pump.
- [23:14] The brain and the body love variability. The more different things you throw at it, the more resilient it becomes.
- [27:15] Trampolining is good, but it can be better.
- [28:55] We know that movement moves lymph, right? You should twist when you walk.
- [36:10] The lymph clock created by Dr. Perry Nickelston.
- [39:50] How is hydration tied to your lymphatic system?
- [41:35] When you have excess acidity in the body you can’t absorb water properly.
- [44:30] What do you need to make cells that work?
- [47:40] I was able to bring the approach from my background of studies and mix it in with the lymph.
- [54:10] I kid you not, people come back and say “ Woah, what did you do? It’s like a miracle Tracy!”
- [58:28] Where to reach Dr. Perry Nickelston.