What is masculinity? How does it differ from femininity? Why do some men feel afraid to be masculine, but women feel the need to turn down their masculine energy when in the presence of men?
In this episode of Hydrate, Anna Nassery, Aaron Alexander, and I discuss how important it is to be your own true and authentic self when it comes to your energy before entering a relationship. Whether you have more masculinity, femininity, or balanced energy, it is important to allow it to flow that way.
Plus, we also talk about the importance of choosing a partner for who they are and not their potential, as the difference between seeing someone for their highest self and what you think they have the potential to be based on your own personal projections can cause disappointment.
Aaron Alexander is a manual therapist, movement coach, and author, as well as the host of the Align Podcast, ranked #1 in Nutrition on Apple Podcasts.
Anna Nassery is the Founder and CEO of BrandUp, a strategic brand studio serving online entrepreneurs and a close friend of mine.
What we discuss:
- 01:20:Grieving the loss of being in full femininity
- 03:09: What is masculinity?
- 3:32: What causes Anna to feel secure enough to express her femininity
- 08:23: Are men stuck in a state where feminine energy cannot be drawn?
- 12:40: Why do men have a hard time being in their full“masculinity”in today’s world?
- 15:05 Confusion around balancing feminine and masculine energy
- 20:25 Why you shouldn’t play small
- 21:45 Learning to be in your own authentic energy
- 26:43: Pillow talk and venting with men
- 30:16: Exploring the different ways of thinking between men and women
- 31:30: How do we accomplish everything we want to excel in?
- 36:40: How to deal with someone who can only receive the positive?
- 38:48: The Pygmalion Effect
- 41:15: The difference between seeing someone for their highest self vs their potential
- 43:30: Why do we women keep attracting emotionally unavailable guys?
- 48:00: The journey towards finding gratitude
- 53:55: Recognizing there’s always two sides to a story + the truth
- 57:00: How insecurity influences our judgment of others
- 58:10: How our perception changes as we evolve
- 1:01:00: The relationship between money, material goods, and having an impact
- 1:04:37: What defines a good and purposeful life?
- 1:08:40: How shedding layers keeps you in the present
- 1:10:04: Safety from relationships and how it allows us to be present
- 1:11:00: The power, creativity, and opportunities that come from break-ups
- 1:16:37: Discussion words that represent safety in relationships
- 1:17:40: Revisiting childhood trauma
- 01:21:00: Questions to ask yourself about your chosen narrative